SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
SVPISTM has been vested with the responsibility of providing education, research and consultancy services in the field of textiles, apparel,retail management and related fields. Presently the School offers the following three full time programmes of two years duration. These courses are approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Textiles)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Apparels)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Retail Management)
These courses are designed with active cooperation of the academics and the textile industry and are aimed at providing trained and well equipped manpower to the textile and apparel industry in India.
ABOUT THE COURSES
- The two year full time course (PGDM)-Textiles is designed to offer core management learning for textile professionals addressing the growing complexity and competition of textile business, this program provides the right synergy of technology and management aligned to the specific needs of textiles industry.
- The course runs through four semesters
- The first two semesters comprise of fundamental management training with specific application in textiles industry
- This is complemented with industrial interaction, seminars, projects etc. to develop and enhance the latent skills of the students
- A summer project between the second and third semester provides needed practical exposure to industry and its functioning
- The third semester takes the students through the advanced areas of textiles industry management
- In the fourth and final semester students specialize in the functional areas and conduct an extensive industry based project
- This provides thorough knowledge and understanding in specific domain
- The course is oriented to the needs of fast growing apparel industry covering knitting and garment clusters in the country
- Creating a cadre of specialized professionals with technical and managerial knowledge is the gist of this course
- The course is divided into four semesters
- The first semester deals with basic textiles, knitting technology and fundamentals of management
- The second semester comprised of an advanced study of apparel, marketing, finance aspects of management interspersed with industry project
- The third semester deals with study of Apparel Production Technology, Quality Control and Textiles, Management Information System, International Marketing and Entrepreneurship Development with two electives of their choice
- The fourth semester, the students specializes in their field of interest like HR, Marketing, Production, IT and Fashion Management apart from two core courses on finishing in garment and textile costing
- This provides a comprehensive knowledge of theoretical and practical facets of the apparel Industry
- The two year full time course PGDM-Retail is designed as a professional programme to benefit those seeking career opportunities in the realm of Retail management
- The objective is to equip the students with expertise in efficient handling of retail operation, effective formulation of retail strategies, developing innovative CRM approaches in retailing along with wide exposure to contemporary issues in International retailing
- The course runs through four semesters
- Practical experience is integrated with conceptual learning
- There is practical training/project work at the end of each semester
- In the fourth semester the student elects to specialize in a particular segment/aspect of retail business
A graduate from any discipline (recognized by UGC / AICTE) with a minimum of 15 years (10+2+3) of education and having 55 percent or above (45 percent or above for SC/ST/DAP* and 50 percent or above for OBC) aggregate marks at the graduation level can apply for admission. The percentage of aggregate marks is to be calculated as per the practice followed by the concerned university or institution. In case the university/institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by SVPISTM by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100. Those who are in their final year and who expect to complete all the requirements of graduation before August 15, 2016 can also apply.
SVPISTM encourages applications from applicants with diverse academic backgrounds.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textiles and Management is mandated to create the finest managers for the Indian Textiles Industry; Since inception, the institute is conducting an entrance test (Sadar Vallabhbhai Patel – Management Admission Test ) to select the most appropriate candidate for Textile, Apparel and Retail Management education. SVP-MAT is designed to assess the aptitude of candidates for future business success. The test score is a partial assessment for meritorious admission. SVP –MAT (2016) would be conducted in offline / online mode across various cities of India. The pattern along with rules and regulations are as follows:(Refer Admission Bulletin)
Students qualified in other aptitude tests like MAT, CAT, XAT, TANCET, etc. is exempted for SVP-MAT.
SVP-MAT (2016) question paper is designed to assess the capability of the candidates for admission. The Question paper will have 100 objective type questions 25 questions each from the following areas. Each question will be followed by four alternative answers and the candidate has to choose the correct answer.
1) Quantitative Aptitude
4) General Knowledge
PROCEDURE TO APPLY
Application for the admission can be down loaded from the Institute website.
• Log in to the website to download the application.
• Click on “DOWNLOAD APPLICATION ” in Home Page
• Fill in the basic details required for registration and submit the form.
• Once submitted, Application will be downloaded.
Application Cost and Payment mode details
General/OBC candidates : Rs.1000/-
SC/ST/PH candidates : Rs.500/-
The amount for the application may be sent as DD drawn in favor of “The Director ,SVPISTM “ payable at Coimbatore or may be paid online through RTGS/NEFT or may be paid directly at SVPISTM admission office.
SBI A/c: 31463768179
BRANCH: PEELAMEDU, COIMBATORE
IFSC CODE: SBIN0007231
Filled-in application along with required documents mentioned in the application to be sent to the Institute.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textiles and Management
Post Box No: 1483, Avanashi Road, Peelamedu, Coimbatore – 641004
Landline: 0422- 2571675, 2592205 Fax:0422-2571623
Email: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are requested to refer to SVPISTM (www.svpistm.ac.in) website before sending any query to admissions office by e-mail or making phone calls.
You may apply online or alternatively the application forms can be downloaded from the institute’s website (www.svpitm.ac.in) and the filled in application form to be submitted along with the Demand Draft for Rs.600/-for General Candidates (Rs.500/- for SC/ST Candidates),in favour of “SVPISTM”, payable at Coimbatore.
For details you may visit the institute website: www.svpitm.ac.in